The present Paços do Concelho, located in the parish of Sé, are in Renaissance style and were built in the 18th century.
The building, considered by some specialists as one of the most outstanding examples of Baroque architecture in the Iberian Peninsula. The project was authored by the architect André Soares, and his only work is documented in the city. Although its construction began in 1753, it was only completely finished in 1865. It is classified as a Property of Public Interest.