Custom Search

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Visit the Chapel of St. Margaret - Zedes

Visit Anta Zedes

The Anta Zedes, is also known as the Casa da Moura and is probably the III millennium a. C. being constituted by a polygonal chamber, large, composed of nine interwoven pillars on which rests the roof slab. Its entrance, facing east, is marked by the existence of a "foyer", consisting of two slabs casualties, placed in the soil according to its longest side. There are traces of red paint on a pillar, with stylized representations of human figures and a staff topped by a snake. The slab headboard has written on the outer grounds, consisting of grooves and pits. In excavations were collected two fragments of pottery manual and a knife in Flint.

Visit the Castle Ansiães - Selores

The location of Ansiães Castle, Town of Selores, excellent results from the natural geographical conditions of the defense.
Castle Ansiães has an ancient history, whose beginning is fixed around the third millennium BC III
Since that period that the features of the site geomorfógicas far have led to a subsequent occupation of this hill granite.
Archaeological excavations have shown that the occupation of the site was started about 5000 years ago, during the pre-historic called Chalcolithic.
Since that time, the stages are witnessed by occupational interesting material remains reveal a long diachronic covering the Bronze Age, the Iron Age and the whole process of Romanization of the territory Montes.
Apparently the area Castle Ansiães underwent an intense process of Romanization, extending the material remains of this occupation over a wide area that develops along the foothills north and northeast of the granitic promontory.

Visit the Chapel of Our Lady of Costa - Pebble Ansiães

The Chapel of Our Lady of Costa atop a hill as steep and sharp, to the west of the village Pebble Ansiães, whose pine-covered slopes.
It is the Chapel of the procession begins and ends Senhora da Costa.

Visit the Church of Pebble Ansiães

The Church of Pebble Ansiães is dated 1875 and has "an opening in clover" above the portal of the main door, and presents a simple bell tower with two bells.

Visit the Church of Ribalonga

The Church of Ribalonga is dated 1714.

Visit the Source of Santa Marinha - Ribalonga

Friday, May 28, 2010

Visit the Church of Pombal

The Church of Pombal, built in 1750, has bell tower in central stone, a rich interior with gilt and in the main altar or on the sides, the domed ceiling with paintings of which is lined with wood.

Visit the Church of North Pine

The Church of Pine North is a building of the early eighteenth century and has its rich interior, particularly where the roof panels painted in oil gives a stunning artistic enjoyment. Had restoration work in 1990. Every rustic stonework and well equipped, has an entry in solar gate with two granite vases on each side of the entrance.

Visit the Bridge of Algae - Pereiros

The Bridge of algae, located in the Town of Pereiros is a bridge whose structure has a round arch, late roman type.

Visit the Pelourinho Freixiel - Pereiros

Freixial of Pelourinho, in the Town of Pereiros, based on a platform four steps Quadrula edge, the floor partially embedded in the ground, with very steep slope. The top rung is the basis for the column. This section is square, which becomes an eight by chamfering the edges a short distance from the start, making the transition through tiny frames cantonal pairs. The shaft is composed of two sections joined by rebordante octagonal ring, the first section, about one third of the total height of section slightly higher. At the top stand out again four small bumps cantonal. The capital's square, preceded by two mounting frames. It has slightly beveled edges, and faces concave, ornamented with rosettes. The shot consists of a block with the same section of the capital, which seems to last longer. Cheeks bearing heraldic decoration, almost entirely illegible, except for a national shield pointed, with border castles, constituting the most common type in the reign of King Manuel. The end piece is a pyramid of square section, elongated, rectangular frame buffer and crowned by a small cone.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Visit Church of Pereiros

The Church of Pereiros with a building that stands in the middle of town, in the eastern part of the village, one where the type of housing is still the most rustic and old, to show clearly that there is that the village was born. Stay in the Largo de Santo Amaro.
It has an elegant facade and architecturally well designed, with bell tower left side of 4 bells, quadrangular, surmounted by a dome, which is a cross. The main facade has a niche in Santo Amaro tracery, above the portal. Olive trees in front, in the porch, hiding the beauty of your granite, the style of his art.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Monday, May 24, 2010

Visit the Windmill of Mogo Malta

Located in the Town of Malta Mogo the ruins of a windmill, once used by local families, which thither transported the grain and produced his bread.

Visit the Roman Bridge of Marzagão

The Roman Bridge of Marzagão, or Bridge of Galician, but is also known, has two Romanesque arches and is all in granite slabs, with a slight curve at the south entrance. It is situated very close to the village, north of and on the river, and gave bond with the village and the road to Tua. Its construction and appearance demonstrate the importance that there was one means of communication.

Visit the Church of Marzagão

The Church of Marzagão is constructed of granite bell tower and a central atrium that has two cypress trees in front hiding a little old and monumental beauty of the building. Inside, beyond the rich gilded baroque and renaissance in front of three altars, has panels on the ceiling of the Chancel with 45 tables and the Body Temple with 99.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Visit the tombs excavated in the Rock - Linhares

Visit the Solar Sampaio - Linhares

The Solar Sampaio (or House of Sampaio) is an eighteenth century building, divided into two registers and located in the Town of Linhares. On the first floor on the main façade, facing south, there are three windows of frame crafted to match as many upstairs. Halfway through the doorway there, and above it the main lobby, represented by the outside window with balcony. Above it is evident the Sampaio family crest. In the side walls ripping two large windows, one on each side. In the corners of the building there are four urns in stone.

Visit the Rock Paintings of the Rapa Cachão - Linhares

The Rock Paintings of the Rapa Cachão are in the Town of Linhares, a granite cliff overlooking the river Douro. Consist of a set of about three dozen "of megalithic figures drawn with geometric shapes, some may be seen as very human representations sketched. The majority of representations consists of figures square with the interior cut in chess, possible representations of Neolithic idols. They are topped with two red streaks. There are still reasons segmented square showing the inside of the oval or circular. We used red burgundy and dark blue, almost black, the latter is very rare. " This set of megalithic paintings is a national monument.

Visit the Pelourinho de Linhares

The pillory Linhares is the seventeenth century, was erected on a square punch with three steps. Has no base and the shaft is smooth, round and tall, with a tendency to narrow as it approaches the shot. The latter is shaped flower.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Visit the Church of Linhares

The Church of Linhares is an eighteenth century church, oriented to the west, whose facade features a portal arch slightly down, topped by a pediment interrupted. On top of this opens a window lobed, shaped flower with four petals, surrounded by strong enforcement phytomorphic. On top of this window was made in the early twentieth century, the application of a clock. Inserted a cartouche, is the date 1773 in Roman numerals. The closing of the building tries to reach the triangle though so undulating and only on the right side because the left stands the bell tower. This is divided into two registers, with the bell at last. Tops the tower a railing and a roof-shaped needle.
Inside the floors are stone and the roof is vaulted to the middle cannon, painted. The altars are decorated woodwork.

Visit the Chapel of St. John - Linhares

St. John's Chapel, located in the Town of Linares, only the walls remain today in ruins.

Visit Dam Valeira - Linhares

The dam Valeira is between the Town of Linhares and the municipality of Sao Joao da Pesqueira (Viseu district). It opened in 1975 and is fed by the River Douro.
The Valeira is a gravity dam, 48 feet high.
Belongs to the main basin of the Douro and has a catchment area of 4388.0 km2 own.
Its reservoir has a total storage capacity of 98 540 x 103 m3 and a useful capacity of 13 040 x 103 m3, and presents an area flooded by NPA (Full Storage Level) 795 acres. The quota of water in the lake are: NPA (Full Storage Level) 105.20 meters of, NMC (Maximum flooding) of 113.00 meters and NME (Minimum Level of Operation) from 103.50 meters.
The capacity of the spillway is 18 000 m3 / s average annual flow of 15 137 hm 3.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Visit the Church of Santa Eufemia - Lavandeira

The Church of Santa Eufemia is the main center of the Town of Lavandeira, is the most imposing monument to the village presents. Its exterior porch sheltering the front door with fine columns to support it. The bell tower is right side in square shape, formed by the stairs that give access to the bells in the back, and the tower itself which includes bells, turned toward the porch.It has a magnificent carved and gilded altar and magnificent paintings all around the dome.
It is a national monument granite eighteenth century.

Visit the Church of Fontelonga

The Church of Fontelonga is an imposing church with great length, all of it with granite structure in Central Bell Tower and two bells, elegant facade and two side vents. The date of construction is the year 1875.

Visit the River Beach Chestnut

Beach Chestnut River is located on the River Tua, place of stunning scenery but inadvisable to baths.

Visit Foz Tua - Chestnut

The Foz Tua, is located in the Town of chestnut among the Counties of Carrazeda de Ansiães, Alijó and Sao Joao da Pesqueira, framed by the bridge's rail line and flows into the Douro River Douro. With a typical landscape of Douro.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Visit the Train Station Tua - Chestnut

Tua Railway Station, located in the Town of Chestnut and belongs to the Railway Line with the same name. Located in a magnificent landscape is the main station of the railway line which runs along a path of true wonders of nature.

Visit the Train Station Chestnut

Train Station Chestnut, belonging to the Tua Railway Line is not in itself the reason that can lead to a visit, but the entire landscape surrounding this railway line.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Visit the Cruise Chestnut

Visit the Chapel of Fiolhal - Chestnut

Visit the Sundial of Samorinha - Carrazeda de Ansiães

The sundial of Samorinha, Town of Carrazeda de Ansiães is done in stone.

Visit the Church of San Salvador - Carrazeda de Ansiães

The church of S. Salvador, located in the Town of Carrazeda de ansiães, is a rare and remarkable example of Romanesque architecture. Its foundation must go back to the twelfth century and it is thought that their patron saint would have been primitive S. Pelagius. In 1431 found himself ruined, but in 1447 they proceeded to rebuild and, although the Gothic style was so dominant, it was with the primitive forms that was rebuilt. With the decline and abandonment of Ansiães village, the church was also abandoned and left in ruins. However restored, is one of the main interests of the municipality of Carrazeda de ansiães.
This is a longitudinal plan of the temple consists of a nave and chancel, and abroad, the right side, a rectangular funerary chapel. The main facade is oriented to the west, the portal presents the most important examples of Romanesque sculptural grammar of Portuguese (see image above).
This consists of four full archivolts, based on eight capitals decorated with zoomorphic and anthropomorphic, framing the tympanum figuring most canonical of all national Romanesque: presents us with Christ in Majesty, surrounded by Tetramorph, played with some freedom but with the symbols of the evangelists in the correct positions hierarchically: the angel of S. Matthew (right) and the eagle of S. John, above, respectively, the bull of St. Luke and the lion S. Mark, both wings. Taken together hold the mandorla mystical place into which Christ is inaugurated, the conventional position blessing, right hand raised to the index and middle fingers stretched, while the left hand holds the Holy Book. Surrounding the eardrum, in the second archivolt the portal, the apostles are represented, albeit incomplete, are only nine, including two two readily identifiable by their attributes: S. Peter and Paul. More problematic is the identification of two characters on both sides of the boot archivolt this: on the left will perhaps Judas, carrying in her arms the devil, the price for his betrayal of Christ, the opposite appears to us an elder at a higher scale all other figures, and carrying a book of square format. Is perhaps Moses and the "book", the Tablets of the Law This archivolt thus delimit a symbolic journey that goes from the precursor of Commandments to the precursor of the Passion of Christ, which is merely the first step toward the salvation of mankind.
The front side of the right side has two openings for light, almost next to the mantel, and a door arch decorated with palmettes / whipsaws. The capitals are decorated with "inverted hearts." The tympanum bears a cross pattée leaked, being adorned with the vain several lobules. In a mass significantly advanced the chancel opens a Arcosolium arc broken ground on a capital of vegan.
The facade of the left side shows signs of having another construction addorsed it. It also shows two holes and a door as decoration, has only a cross pattée poured into the eardrum. The side walls feature throughout its length a dog, some dogs furnished with zoomorphic motifs.
Inside the ship's connection to the presbytery is made by a triumphal arch decorated with a full palmettes, supported by cordiformes imposed. In the nave there is a small museum, which include fragments of the pillory and Ansiães sepulchral stelae decorated with symbols from the sun, and Templar Maltese crosses and Jewish stars.
Outside, attached to the left side of the main facade, we have the funeral chapel of N. Mrs. Grace, Sampaio pantheon family, home, under Arcosolium ogival, four medieval tombs, granite tops with two faces. It is also a Romanesque in ashlars granite, measuring 4x3 meters. The entrance to the chapel is by a side door in perfect arch, with reentrant eardrum, which is inscribed a cross pattée, which is the only decoration. This chapel has no coverage.

Visit the Fountain of the Sirens - Carrazeda of Ansiões

Fountain of the Sirens located in the Town of Carrazeda de Ansiães is made of granite, the center has a column on a plinth of similar height to the tank. The column shaft is composed of four mermaids vertically arranged, by way of caryatids and is topped by a annulet and proceeded to start the cup which is circular in shape and is decorated with deep grooves that start from the center so radiant. The perimeter is adorned with four mascarões with fountains, of which depart in volutes and acanthus motifs that intertwine. The whole is crowned by reason that in each cubic face bears a niche with the image of the patron saint, Saint Agatha, framed by two crosses embossed near the top corner. Finishes off the set a ground cylindrical adorned with arches and circles in high relief, suggesting vain, and that was interpreted as the image of a castle.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Visit the Church of Nossa Senhora das Neves - Belver

The Church of Our Lady of the Snows Parish in Belver is of Romanesque style and was enlarged in 1775.

Visit the Roman Bridge - Amedo

The Bridge on the lathe, located in the Town of Amedo, is a Roman bridge.

Visit the Church of Amedo

The Church of Amedo is very rustic, presents a desert air, silence and meditation, almost helpless and abandoned, with the churchyard full of grass and trees that hide its beauty. Bell Tower has simple right side, with two bells, granite, a material that also appears on the corners, corners and doorways, as well as in the doorways and side vents.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Visit the Chapel of Our Lady of Grace - Amedo

The Chapel of Our Lady of Grace, located in the parish of Amedo, lies on top of the Mountain of Our Lady of Grace

Visiting River Tua - Carrazeda de Ansiães

The Tua River traverses the entire western boundary of the Municipality of Concelho de Carrazeda is accompanied by the route of the railway Tua. The pipeline provides a glimpse breathtaking scenery.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Visit the River Douro in Carrazeda de Ansiães

The River Douro lard with its waters of the South County Carrazeda de Ansiães. As throughout his career, offers beautiful scenery to be viewed.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Visit Carrazeda de Ansiães

The borough of Carrazeda de Ansiães is located on the right bank of the Douro River and its tributary on the left, river Tua. On the right bank of the Douro borders the county of Moncorvo at the site of Cadima, which divides the village of Vilarinho da Castanheira (for the direction of the mouth) of the village of Slate, in the opposite direction, and already Moncorvo.

The confluence of the Douro River Tua is the angle terminal south of the county, in the village of Foz Tua that still belongs to him. Those two rivers are natural boundaries that separate Vimioso respectively of municipalities of Alijó / Murcia / Mirandela and still, and the municipality of S. Joao da Pesqueira.
Thus we can define its boundaries: North - Murça / Mirandela. The Northeast - Vila Flor. The South - Douro River. The East - Moncorvo and the West - Tua.
Carrazeda de Ansiães belongs to the district of Bragança, on which lies to the extreme south, bordering the Vila Real district to the west and the south of Viseu already, on the other bank of the Douro, and is part of the region Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro.
So it is a land of "well marked contrasts in landscape, in ways of living, human activities and the collective imagination."
Indeed, Carrazeda de Ansiães has much of its land area integrated in the Upper Douro, with its valleys in the Douro and Tua, steep hillsides where the vine is very prevalent and produces Port wine of high quality. There they mix the olive trees, almond trees, fig trees and even some woods mostly oak trees. But also peaches, wheat, mackerel, pears, honey, sheep and pine, juniper and ash. Hot Zone is the Douro where the shale is dominant.
For the area where lies the village, called Carrazeda Plateau, which extends up to the municipality of Vila Flor and the Moncorvo, which is a continuation of the Iberian Meseta, surrounded by mountains that are around 900 meters of altitude, such as the mountain ranges of Rebora, Source Long, the Lady of the Assumption of Vilarinho da Castanheira or the Lady of Grace nearby Carrazeda. The weather becomes colder with frequent snow in winter and abundant rainfall.
Here is an area where the production of cereals mainly rye, potatoes, beans, corn, apple, chestnut, are dominant, though there are many groves of pines, oaks, elm, oak and chestnut trees. Wine is also abundant, but not as mature, with chick peas, turnips, hay, pastures, cattle, pigs, goats and sheep. It is the Cold Land Transmontana where granite dominates and imposes schist, where rocky hills, high and low production house best farmland in tight valleys and small plateaus.

The Municipality is composed of the Parishes of:

Amedo is a parish with the patron Saint James, being 5 kilometers north of the county seat and 10-station S. Lawrence, on the left bank of the river Tua. The name that Amedo in etymology comes from "Amedux" Amadux "Amedo, has a legend that the site connects to the times of struggles with the Arabs. Were those fugitives who have been fighting to give that hidden part of the slopes where it is located, and when they reached the hill hid, fearing attacks there was unexpected, since only they had the stones as weapons that abounded there. Around 1864/65 was 167 dwellings and 566 inhabitants. From then until today, was in 1950 that reached the highest number of people with 796 inhabitants.

Beira Grande is a parish that is distant nine miles from town. Situated atop a mountain overlooking the Douro River, about five miles and its right edge, and the town of Pebble Ansiães just a kilometer.

Belver is located 2 kilometers northwest of the town of Carrazeda de Ansiães.
It is a town with few old references, but it seems to have been populated by the twelfth century. The term itself Belver indicate the beautiful scenery that can be enjoyed from the village because it lies at an elevation, the "Bel (lo) Veer," this is the site of beautiful vistas. It was in 1950 that reached the maximum of its population with 549 people. The main activity in the parish is agriculture and livestock, with plenty of nuts, walnuts, wine, cereal, potatoes, some apple orchards and especially sheep.

Carrazeda de Ansiães the history of the parish council is linked to the medieval Ansiães. Indeed, when Ansiães was a prosperous town, ancient, as important in the defense of border line and that the Douro was often a form of uncertain and varying limits, Carrazeda was only a sparsely populated place.
The people of the parish of Carrazeda de Ansiães in 1950 was 1464 persons.
Dedicating themselves to various activities and many services available to the entire county is agriculture that still weighs heavily on the local economy with the livestock to the mix. A traditional commerce in the latest renewal can keep their roots and gaining the preference of many people who go there.

The Town also known as Chestnut Chestnut North distance of about 9 km from town. Situated on the Left Bank and Right Your Douro, to the east of the county seat, and having as attachments the following places / villages: Foz-Thy, and Fiolhal Tralhariz. Their patron saint is St. Bras.
Fontelonga is a village situated about three miles to Es-southeast of the town of Vimioso, a 15-station paths, rail Line Douro named Vesuvius, but on the right bank of the River
Fontelonga is also home to a parish which is attached to the villages and Besteiros Penafria.
Its people continue to devote themselves to agriculture, with major productions apple, wine, olive oil, almonds, cereal and nuts.

Lavandeira is about 7 miles Vimioso, the second village of Selores and foothills and southern slopes of the hill where it is deployed Ansiães Castle. Its Patron Saint Savior.
It is in 1960 that reaches the largest number of residents: 504.
There are thus two mountains that influence the settlement: the Mountain Village and the castle (the north of the dwelling). Hence the village extends from the valley along the river that comes from Selores until near the walls of the castle and the hillside above.
Agriculture is the main activity with production of wine, wheat, corn, olives, fruits, especially apples.

Linhares Ansiães is a village and parish of the county Vimioso, where distance of about 10 kilometers, located on the right bank of the River Douro.
Surrounded by hills and the Castle Peak or Linhares, and the Monte Serra, his term is very large and old, having been judged and Head of Head of Commendation S. Miguel de Linhares Order of Christ.
It has annexed the quaint villages of Campelos and ticks.
It is in 1950 that reaches the largest number of population in 1676.
The almost single basic activity is agriculture, yet very traditional, not dispensing the donkey or the male. Produce plenty of potatoes, wine, olive oil, fruit, almonds, some species of fruit such as apples, and has many groves of pine and oak trees, the fires of summer have not forgiven.

Marzagão is the name of a village which is also the parish, which is about five kilometers from the county seat.
Located south of the county seat, is adjacent to the Castle Ansiães, extending through a valley of its northern slope. Stay on the right bank of the Douro and also north, away from the station in Ferradosa Nail Douro about 9 kilometers.
To the left of Ribeira de Linhares it runs at its foot, Marzagão extends in flat terrain with altitude of 674 meters. To the south the physical configuration is modified, and the southwestern reaches the same altitude of 830 meters.
Had in 1950 with 789 inhabitants.
However the basic activity is still agriculture. The main products are apple with many orchards, wine, olive oil, some wheat and corn, there are other productions of various fruit trees.

The village of Mogo Malta is situated four miles from town.
It is situated in a plateau extending from that in which lies the village of Carrazeda, but for spring, half-walls with the village of Mogo Ansiães, confusing to the extremes of their villages, because with the housing growth approaching is the road that links Vila Flor Carrazeda, the houses of both villages no longer take off.
It has a very remote antiquity, and much of his life is linked to the Order of Malta.
Its population was particularly devoted to agriculture, with rich yields of potatoes, corn, wine, nuts and apple.
Parambos is a parish which is about seven kilometers from the county seat for West, located near the road that runs to the station Tua.
It is a pre-Roman settlement in the region.
The first settlement, according to local, have been in Santa Marinha, and then moved to Parambos due to the abundance of ants at the old site.

The parish of Pereiros is a dozen kilometers from the seat of County, on steep slopes that go to the Tua river, embedded in a small valley sheltered by various elevations.
For example: Mount Oakwood, and the heads of the Forest, Precavelos, Cork and Castle.
There is no doubt that the main activity carried out by its inhabitants is agriculture produce in quantity almond, potato, olive oil, wine. There are a lot of resin, chestnut and pine, and cork which gave many income, except that this forestry activity is almost inactive due to fires that have devoured the forests surrounding the village.

Pine North is village and also the parish which is about 12 kilometers from the seat of the municipality.
It is located west of the county seat, on a hillside on the right road plateau de Pombal who goes to Brunheda and gives the municipality of Murcia and Mirandela, after crossing a bridge over the Tua, and on the left bank of this river.
Its people are dedicated to agriculture, with good yields of almonds, olive oil, some wine, cereal, and have good blackthorn orchards and groves of pines and oaks that fires have devoured, thereby reducing the income of their inhabitants.

Pombal is a land whose village is home to a parish with the same name, which is about 10 kilometers from the headquarters of the Municipality. It is located on the left bank of the River Tua, in a valley, but it includes very steep slopes into the same river.
We can locate its origins in ancient times, even to the occupying Moors.
In 1950 it had 875 people.

Ribalonga is a village which lies about a dozen miles from the county seat.
It is located in the middle of a deep valley surrounded by high ridges of hills with steep slopes, with beautiful gardens of the terraced vineyards of the famous as "Porto Wine". You are on the right bank of Douro and Tua's left and near the confluence of two rivers.
Over the past this village we can say that it exists as a place already inhabited since prehistoric times, as shown by the cave paintings of the Rapa Cachão, or the word Ribalonga: a "Long" Riba "rutted by a small stream flows into the Douro and acentuadíssimos slopes.
In 1950 had 540.

Pebble Ansiães is the name of a village, home to a parish with the same name, which is about 10 kilometers from town.
The village is located in the highlands of southeastern edge of the Valley of the east coast of Ansiães Castle, and on top of a lift on the right bank of the River Douro.
In these hills, oak forests in the most rocky, or else beautiful effects of planting vines, sometimes in terraces, give an architecture of rare natural beauty, charm and respect.
In 1950 increased to 1091 inhabitants
It is also the agriculture activity almost exclusively of its inhabitants. Have abundant production of wine, much of it is generous (giving the so famous Port wine), olive oil, apples, almonds, potatoes.

The parish of Selores located right at the foot of the hill where the Castle Ansiães, but for spring, about 800 meters of altitude.
It is a parish which is about half a dozen miles from the center of the municipality.

Vilarinho da Castanheira, once a county seat town medievalfica about 15 kilometers from the county seat.
Located to the southeast county, next door to the county of Moncorvo and making out with the parish of whiteboard, Vilarinho is the slope of Mount which its Shrine of Our Lady of the Assumption, extending to the Northeast, an area plateau . Stay on the right bank of the Douro, which has good agricultural land for economic output value.

Zedes is a village which is located only 6 quilómetros.da the county seat and is situated on a plateau where several mountains are round to begin their slopes or for the settlement of the Sands, or to Pereiros.
The name written in appears Zedes Corografia Padre Carvalho da Costa as Gedes. However, it seems to have derived from the Arabic name Zeide, Zaida or Zeid, which means increased.
Zeid was a daughter of a Moorish king of Seville. After having converted to Christianity and being baptized, taking the name Maria and marrying Alfonso XI of Castile.
Agriculture is the main activity that takes up its inhabitants. Wine, olive oil, cereals, potatoes, almonds, chestnuts and now many apple orchards are the most representative products and more profit.

Historical Summary

The territory currently occupied by the municipality of Carrazeda de Ansiães began to enter the annals of history, about the same time that gave mankind its first steps. In fact, the most ancient remains that are found here date back to prehistory, the Neolithic period: tapirs of Zedes and Vilarinho da Castanheira.
Moreover, this type of megalithic construction stands out in the landscape, as they deploy in the plateau area of the county, as if the builders were interested in this way to give them the relevance of any act requires funeral.
Even the prehistoric period we can admire the Rock Paintings of the Cachão Rapa, overlooking the River Douro, consisting of a pictorial set that resembles a tartan is predominantly red hues and dark blue. Among the tangle is still possible to distinguish some anthropomorphic traits, resembling stylized human faces. There is also another type of manifestation of rock art as is the case with numerous boulders of shoes scattered across the county.
The period from the Chalcolithic, Bronze Age and Iron Age were also present in this county, just as you do this, refer to place names in various locations - Castro, Lapa, Serro, Castle ... Fontoura - indicating the existence of people then, the which were certainly kind of rock as a way to harness the natural conditions provided by the geological formations.
This was followed by the Romans who also left the marks of their presence in an indelible way. At this level highlights the existence of the Roman villa in Quinta Mrs da Ribeira (Tralhariz), where they found traces of a building, perhaps, sumptuous, believe in building materials used in it: polychrome mosaics (opus vermiculatum), capitals bases, stems and stucco embossed.
Although the period of Romanization were three Votive aras, pathways and roads. Of altars, one is dedicated to Tutelae Tiriensi - (protective of the town) to another Bandu Vordeaeco - belonging to the cult of Lusitania - (Pebble Ansiães) and another dedicated to Jupiter - Optimum Maximus (supreme god) (Pombal). Are also visible traces of sections of Roman roads that seem to indicate the existence of a route that would be a misuse of the Roman road that linked Braga to Chaves. The way they join some bridges such as the Bridge of the Olgas (Pereira), Bridge Lathe (Amedo).
Roman rule ended with the coming of the barbarians, having been the Swabians who settled in the area of influence of this territory, being administratively then included in Pagus Auneco and, indeed, is this division that will eventually give origin to the zone of influence of the walled town of Ansiães. The field of Berber peoples faltered before the arrival of the Arabs to the Iberian Peninsula in 711. Thus, using the former territories of the dioceses godas, that gave rise to Pagus Valiati of Alfândica. This left some time toponymy - Reimoira, Mourinha, Pala da Moura Mourãozinho ... - irrigation systems and some species of plants and trees.
It was precisely the arrival of the Arabs that led to the Christians who did not want to subjugate their power take refuge in Asturias which he left the movement of the Christian reconquest. It was during this time that the village of Ansiães began to highlight for its strategic importance. It was a walled town that important to preserve as an outpost to force the infidels to retreat.
Therefore, in the eleventh century (1055/1065), the Leonese king Fernando Magno gave him the Provincial Charter, where it stared the boundaries: littorea per Ansinanen Dorio Cabeza de Requeixo usque in the fraga azaim per portela mauro et usque in valle de cum up around their teleiras usque in cruce de freisinel. This Foral, former nationality, was the first to be given to lands which belong to Portugal today.
The Provincial final was promulgated in 1510 by D. Manuel I.
Ansiães is formed by a double wall, with interior designed to administrative and military, with the residential area of social protection area located on the wall outside. Nesta, located just four doors and S. Francisco, facing northeast, who also gives only usefulness of the car, and horse to the village. The connection between the two areas is done through the port of St. Savior.
At this time, the main administrative centers were Ansiães, Vilarinho da Castanheira and Linhares, in which were the parishes of S. Salvador, S. John, St. Mary and St. Michael. The May 23, 1320, a Bull of the Avignon Pope John XXII granted the D. Dinis, for a period of three years for grant of war, the tenth of all ecclesiastical revenues of their kingdoms, knowing that the parishes were taxed above a few hundred pounds, which proves its rich heritage.
Each of these parishes, was attached to a church, which, by its architectural features, it is noteworthy that of S. Salvador, located within the walls of Ansiães dating from the thirteenth century.
First highlight the pillory Ansiães, the oldest of the century. XV. Seventeenth century is the pillory and Linhares, the eighteenth century to Carrazeda de Ansiães , erected when it came to replace Ansiães as the county seat.
The Liberal Revolution of 1820 also brought appeals to carrazedenses because of its people were released to spill if they purchase supplies for the armies of King Liberal Pedro based in Porto. This support was half way to, at a meeting of the Board, swore to the Constitution of 1822.
On 7 October 1910, was recorded in the minutes of the meeting of the Board: (President) welcomed the Government troops and the people of Lisbon for the victory achieved for the Republic Day Portugueza and hopes she has a future peace and order.
With World War I, the county became poorer because it would eventually die several soldiers in Mozambique who were part of the 30th Infantry Regiment.
Already the military coup of May 28, 1926 was met with resistance and was established as a response to the dictatorial regime of the State Committee on the New Alliance Socialist Republican county Carrazeda de Ansiães .
In 1974 came the Democratic Revolution and once again Vimioso knew to be worthy of a new phase of national policy. This position is in the minutes of meeting of Board of May 9: (...) the Board decided unanimously to leave expressed in minutes of the meeting today its support for the Armed Forces Movement and expression of complete confidence in the performance of Junta of National Salvation, with full agreement of the program presented.
Ansiães the Vimioso, a journey marked by acts of valor, for people who were immortalized by his deeds. One county, one people, a great legacy of the past bequeathed to posterity that will always have reason to be proud of the land, which has natural landscape that is world heritage and historic heritage integrated into national monuments.

The Visit

In County
River Douro
River Tua
Plateau Carrazeda
Sierra Rebora
Serra da Fonte Longa
Serra da Senhora da Graca

In the Town of Amedo:
"Figure of Amedo"
Source Palace
Chapel St. Martin
Source of Mine
Top Source of the People
Ribeiro de Amas
Brook Bridge Lathe
Ribeiro's Inferno
Serra do Pendão
Serra da Senhora da Graca
Sierra Rebora
Chapel of Mrs Grace
Chapel of St. Sebastian
Source Cunha
Bridge Lathe

In the Town of Belver:

Belver Church
Old Chapel and its unique altar
Church of Mogo Ansiães
Ancient Source

In the Town of Carrazeda de Ansiães:
Source of the Sirens
Cruise Samorinha
sundial of Samorinha

In the Town of Castanheira:
Quinta das Predecessors
Quinta da Ribeira
Quinta da Covet
Castanheiro Railway Station
Tua railway station
Foz Tua
Roman Fountain
River Beach Chestnut
Chapel Senhora da Boa Morte
Church of Fiolhal
Chapel Tralhariz

In the Town of Fontelonga:
Chapel St. Sebastian
Public Laundry
Capela de Santa Luzia - Village crossbowmen
Chapel of St. Anthony - Penafria

In the Town of Lavandeira:
Fonte Nova
Source Grisha

In the Town of Linhares:
Rock Paintings of the Rapa Cachão
Graves dug into the rocks
Chapel of St. Anthony
House of the Condes de Sampaio
Chapel Cross
Roman bridge
Source of the Pig
Source Carvalhal
Fonte Nova
Chapel St. John
Capela de Santa Luzia - ticks
Dam Valeira
Chapel of St. Apollinaris - Campelos
Chapel Arnal

In the Town of Marzagão:
Bridge, and Marzagão Selores
Ponte da Veiga
Galego Bridge or Roman bridge
Source Grisha
Fonte Nova
Source Cagalheta
Chapel St. John
Quinta da Hazel
Quinta da Grisha
Quinta da Manjafra
Church of Santo Amaro - Luzelos

At Mogo Town of Malta:
Typical Mogo Village in Malta
Fountain Square Plaza
Ethnographic Museum
Source of Mine
Shrine of Our Lady of Health

In the Town of Pereiros:
Capela de Santo Amaro
Pelourinho Freixiel
Fountain Valley
Fonte Nova
Bridge algae
Church Codeço

Town of Pine Forest in the North:
Chapel St. Bartholomew
Chapel of Santa Marinha
Ms. Chapel of Sorrows
Source Terreiro
Fountain Lane
Fountain Valley
Chapel St. Thomas - Sentrilha
Church of Filgueira
Source Filgueira

Town of Pombal
Source Grisha
Monte das Caldas
Caldas de S. Lawrence
Chapel St. Lawrence
Church Paradela

In the Town of Ribalonga:
Chapel of Mr. dos Passos
Church Santa Marinha
Source of Santa Marinha
Thursday's Juniper

Pebble in the parish of Ansiães:
Bridge Ribeiro da Vila
Source Barroso
Cruise Beira Grande
Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Costa
Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira
Quinta da Fonte Santa
Quinta dos Carris or Lacerda
Quinta dos Vinhais
Chapel Coleja
Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Ribeira

In the Town of Selores:
Castle Ansiaes

In the Town of Vilarinho de Castanheira:
Shrine of Our Lady of the Assumption
Serra da Senhora da Assunção

In the Town of Zedes:
Or Dolmen Anta, Casa da Moura
Church of Saint Mary
Manor of Casa Barbosa
Chapel House Barbosa
Chapel of St. Margaret
Chapel St. Roque

Festivals and Fairs
S. James - July 25
N. Ms. Passion - September 8
Beira Grande
San Antonio - June 13
N. Senhora das Neves - August 5
Santa Luzia - Easter Monday
San Antonio - June 13
Santa Luzia - May 13
Apple Fair, wine and olive oil - from 28 to 31 August
Senhora da Boa Morte - Sept. 15
San Antonio Saco - June 13
The Apple Festival - 12/13 August
N. Senhora da Guia - June 27
Santa Eufemia - September 15
S. Miguel - August 8
Santo Amaro - January 15
N. Senhora do Rosário - May 2
Mogo Ansiães
S. Bartholomew - August 24
N. Ms Health - July 25
S. John - June 24
Santa Barbara - December 9
S. Bartholomew - August 24
Santo Amaro - January 15
Pinhal do Douro
San Antonio - August 8
North Pine
N. Senhora das Neves - August 1
S. Peter - June 28/29
S. Lawrence - 9 / August 10
Santa Marinha - July 18
N. Ms. Grace - 5 September
Pebble Ansiães
N. Ms. Da Costa - August 8
Ecce Homo - August 8
S. John - June 24
Santa Barbara - August 1
Where to Stay:
Carrazeda de Ansiães
Residential Veiga
Phone: 278 617 352 / 278 616 365
Manel's Farm
Phone: 278 617 487
Good Sossego
Phone: 278 615 235
Phone: 278 616 863
Casa D. Urraca (Vilarinho)
Phone: 278 639 178 938 243 262 or
Casa Tua
Phone: 278 681 116
Couple Tralhariz - Rural Tourism
Phone: 278681042
Phone: 927526451 / 963929935
Hotel Rural Flor do Monte in Pombal Ansiães
Phone: 278 660 010
Residencial S. Christopher (Vilarinho da Castanheira)
Phone: 278 639 140
Senhora da Ribeira
Phone: 278 649 422

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Visit the Human Portela - Vilar da Veiga

Portela man's located near the border with Spain is one of the largest areas of natural beauty National Park Peneda-Geres. Ideal for a day of rest in nature.

Visit the Zino Penedo - Vilar da Veiga

The Nun's Penedo located in Town of Vilar da Veiga, has a magnificent landscape.

Visit Waterfall Tahiti - Vilar da Veiga

The Cascade de Tahiti is a waterfall located in Portugal Caldas do Geres, parish of Vilar da Veiga, municipality of Terras de Bouro and Braga.

The waterfall in Tahiti is a cascade of high mountains which waters are from the Rio Arade and where one can only reach by walking paths given the great difficulties of access to the site since the roads are very winding and rough.

Visit Cascade Leonte - Vilar da Veiga

The cascade is a cascade Portuguese Leonte located near Caldas do Geres, parish of Vilar da Veiga, municipality of Terras de Bouro and Braga.
This waterfall is located 2 miles from Portela of Man and its waters come from the river of Man in the Peneda-Geres. Formed with the crashing of water from a high cliffs of granite rock. After the fall of the water form a serene pond widely used in times of summer.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Visit the Laja Waterfall - Vilar da Veiga

The cascade is a cascade Portuguese Laja located in Caldas do Geres, parish of Vilar da Veiga, municipality of Terras de Bouro and Braga. This waterfall is part of a mountain landscape, in the Serra do Geres where green is a reference point and contributes to the setting of the site, particularly for the scenario of the Peneda-Geres. In the vicinity of the waterfall is a lot of wooden bridges that allow cross the overflowing waters of the site.

Visit Cascade of Arado - Vilar da Veiga

The Cascade is a cascade of Arado river located near the village of Chapel, parish of Vilar da Veiga, municipality of Terras de Bouro and Braga.
This cascade is characterized as it is located in a watercourse of high mountains, the river Plow on the sloping ground that is won by a succession of cascades ending in a lake of crystalline waters near the village of Chapel, located east of Spa Gerês. Place of great beauty throughout the landscape.