Custom Search

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Visit the Viewpoint of Cruz Alta - Luso

The Viewpoint of Cruz Alta, located in Luso Parish, perched Buçaco Mountain, provides stunning views. May be seen from the Atlantic Ocean, to the Serra da Estrela, through the Serra do Caramulo, especially the landscape to the Bussaco National Forest.

Visit Lake Valley of Ferns - Luso


Visit Lake of Bussaco - Luso

Lake Buçaco is a large lake, located in Luso Town and inviting the seagull rides. This lake is inserted in the Forest of Buçaco.

Visit Lake Luso

The Lake is inhabited by Luso some ducks and integral part of the spa resort town of Luso. Its gardens invite you for a walk along the shore.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Visit the gardens of the National Bussaco Palace - Luso


Visit the Gardens of Bussaco - Luso


Visit the Parish Church of Luso


Visit Source Buçaco Mountain - Luso


Visit Fonte Fria - Luso

The Cold Spring, located in the Parish Luso is the most renowned source of Buçaco Forest, and one of its most enchanting places.
The two water lines prevalent from the Buçaco Forest unite in Cold Spring, causing a water line that runs through the Valley of Ferns, a name that derives from a set of tree-sized ferns, spread out over the valley.

Visit the Fountain of Fountains - Luso

The Source of Fountains, located in the Parish of Luso, is flowing with the renowned water Luso that today is bottled and sold throughout the country.

Visit Emygdio Navarro statue - Luso


Visit High Cross - Luso

The Cruz Alta located on the top of Serra do Buçaco, at 547 meters altitude, the Luso Parish.

Monday, December 21, 2015

Visit Cascade Buçaco Mountain - Luso


Visit the Chapel of St. John the Baptist - Luso

The Chapel of St. John the Evangelist located at the Luso Parish, near the famous fountain of the same name.
The chapel was built in the eighteenth century and in 2010 was restored with the support of the Portuguese foundation.

Visit the Chapel of St. Anthony - Luso


Thursday, December 17, 2015

Visit the Church of Saint Martin - Casal Comba

The St. Martin Church, located in the Parish of Casal Comba, presents a religious architecture, baroque rural nature. Parish church of the transition of the Century. XVII to the XVIII century, with visible markings on the composition of the main facade.The plant is composed of longitudinal nave, chancel, bell tower to the left and left with several outbuildings addorsed. Differentiated coverage roofs of two waters in the temple one water on the premises and the bell tower dome. Plastered and painted facades of white; frieze and cornice trim in. Main facade of 2 cloths, corresponding to the bell tower, left, and title page, enclosed in corners apilastrados with capitals on which rise spiers; apex of the gable marked by windings and topped by a cross; frontispiece torn by portal straight lintel with entablature on which rises curve large window lintel topped by niche.The bell tower is built to the left on the facade of the architecture of 3 records set by friezes in stone; 1st is blind crack opened by the 2nd and 3rd framed square corresponding to the Ventanas perfect round bell is topped by a cornice on which rises a bulbous roof topped by a weather vane.  
Side walls open through the back door of straight frames with frieze and cornice.Inside features single nave and chancel with wooden ceilings, 3 plane forming decorated coffered; separate presbytery ship's body by web, has two side altars in gilded line plant and an axis defined by twisted columns, with central niche containing imaginary, that flank the triumphal arch painted in imitation marbled. Chancel with altar with altarpiece in gilded cross plan and three axes defined by twisted columns and decorated with tendrils; lateral axes with small niches and the central open for dressing room with throne. Pulpit brandy decorated stone basin, with guard railings spiral; baptismal font decorated acanthus.

Visit the Chapel of Silvã - Casal Comba

The Chapel of Silvã, or Chapel of Our Lady of Hope, located in the Parish of Casal Comba, built in the nineteenth century, is simple architecture of rural feature. The ridge has a belfry and a stone landmark, cylindrical and one of its cornerstones.

Visit the Chapel of Lendiosa - Casal Comba

The Chapel of Lendiosa, located in the Parish of Casal Comba, dedicated to St. Andrew, is of simple construction, with some decorative details of interest, and in particular will open windows on the main facade.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Visit the Church of Our Lady of the O - Barcouço

The Parish Church dedicated to Our Lady of the O or Expectation, located in Barcouço Parish, built in 1736, suffered greatly from a major fire in 1917. cared architecture, this temple was considered by many as "the Cathedral of parishes".

Visit the Square of Fountains - Barcouço


Visit the St. Anthony Cruise - Barcouço


Visit the Chapel of St. Anthony - Barcouço


Visit the Chapel of Barcouço


Visit Football Field Barcouço

The Barcouço Soccer Course is owned by the Municipality of Aveiro and serves local sports, particularly football Barcouço Club.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Visit Mealhada

Mealhada is a city with about 4500 inhabitants, located in the southern limit of the District of Aveiro. It is the main urban center of the wine sub-region of Bairrada.It is the seat of a municipality with 110.66 square kilometers and 20,428 inhabitants, divided into 8 districts (Before, Barcouço, Casal Comba, Luso, Mealhada, Pampilhosa, Vacariça and Ventosa do Bairro). The municipality is located in the southern part of the district of Aveiro and is bordered to the north by Anadia, east by Mortágua and Penacova, Coimbra and to the south by west by Canterbury.The municipality of Aveiro extends between theSerra do Buçaco and gandareza edge cantanhede, watching the small river Cértima from the source to the border of Anadia municipality.  

Small historical review 
The Roman presence in the municipality highlight the achamento a milestone (which dates back to 39 AD) would indicate the 12 mile route of the Roman Olissipo (Lisbon) Cale (Vila Nova de Gaia), which follow the west side of the river This finding is today in the lobby of the town hall building. Also this time is the archaeological site of the Sands City located in Vimieira that is already referenced from the first century by Strabo and known nowadays since 1959, which is thought to have been a Elbocoris oppidum, or small Roman fort. Found this site date back to the centuries I to IV. Also in place of Barcouço found some Roman remains such as coins and pottery.With the conquest of Coimbra in 878, the land in which it operates the county are safe for reoccupation Christian, but in the fateful year of 987 returns to Arab hands and only regained for the Christian to 1064. Thus, attempts to reoccupy suspended for 77 years were taken up with the installation of several monasteries in the area where the future county is going to enter. The records of that era come to us through the Black See Book (Old) of Coimbra, the Book of records of wills of Lorvão the Monastery. So it is from this time that most of the names and location of much of the county's land beginning to emerge, letters of donation and documentation relating to taxes, as well as the great importance that the gone Vacariça Monastery had in the lands south of the Duero and North Mondego. But only the September 12, 1514 Aveiro and Vacariça receive charter by King Manuel I, but the lands of the current county remained under the jurisdiction of the
Bishop of Coimbra, so the current territory belonged to the medieval districts of Coimbra (Pampilhosa), Vacariça (Vacariça , Aveiro and Portuguese) and Casal Comba and Ventosa (Ventosa and before).In the nineteenth century, with the great liberal reforms created the current municipality of Aveiro in the reign of Queen Maria II. Created April 6, 1836 consisted of the parishes of Casal Comba, Ventosa, Tamengos and Aguim being the Aveiro was the county seat and belonged to the parish of a neighboring county, the Vacariça, which, at the time of its extinction in 1837 held the parishes of Vacariça, Luso and Vila Nova de Monsarros that became part of the Anadia municipality. Also in December 31, 1853 passed to the county parishes Pampilhosa, disaggregated in the municipality of Coimbra, and the Barcouço coming of the former municipality Ançã (Canterbury), leaving in turn Aguim and Tamengos for Anadia municipality. With the format that still remains the county would see the county seat to the parish rise in June 24, 1944, detached Vacariça the parish and also the parish of Ventosa to divide and create the Before parish the April 23, 1964 thereby administratively as today.
On always Coimbra, the allocation between the districts of Aveiro and Coimbra was conflicted, being integrated in Aveiro Aveiro between 1836 and 1842, the year he moved to Coimbra, the switch to Mira municipality would again put the county back in Aveiro district in 1855.

Places to go

 In the Parish of Before: 
Source 
St. Peter's Church 
Pond Sume 
Door with inscriptions in Latin

 In Barcouço Parish: 
Football Pitch 
Chapel 
Chapel of St. Anthony 
St. Anthony Cruise 
Square sources 
Church of Our Lady O 

In Couple Parish Comba: 
Chapel Lendiosa 
Chapel Silvã 
St. Martin Church

In Luso Town:
 Chapel of St. Anthony 
Chapel of St. John the Evangelist 
Cascade Sierra Buçaco 
Cruz Alta 
Statue of Emygdio Navarro 
Source of Fountains 
Cold Source 
Source Buçaco Mountain 
Parish Church 
Gardens Buçaco 
Gardens of the National Palace Buçaco 
Lake Luso
 Lake Buçaco 
Lake Valley of Ferns 
Viewpoint of Cruz Alta 
Monument to the Battle of Buçaco 
The Portuguese Water Monument 
National Palace Buçaco 
Of Railways Bridge
Serpa doors 
Sula doors
 Buçaco Mountain 
Spa LusoValley of the Ferns 
In the Parish of Mealhada: 
Cine Teatro Municipal of Mealhada 
Phillips cruise 
Statue of the God Bacchus 
Statue of Piglet 
Church 
Church of St. Anne 
Garden Town Hall 
Milestone 
Tribute to Fire Monument
 Tiles panel 
City's park

In Pampilhosa Parish: 
Aqueduct 
Chapel 
Chapel of Canedo 
Fountain Statue 
Swiss Chalet 
Building Cine Teatro 
Source D'Here 
Source of Puddles 
Source of Mello 
Church 
Lake Garden
 Nora 
In Vacariça Parish: 
Travasso Football Field 
Church of San Vicente 
Church of Travasso 
Monument 1000 Years 
Lograssol Park 
Solar People's House

In the Parish of Ventosa Neighborhood: 
Chapel of Santa Luzia
Church 
Garção de Varzim Old Well

Where to Eat 

Restaurants 
Basil of Piglets 
Belarmino 
Celso of Piglets 
Couceiro of Piglets 
Barbecue Rock 
Dom Rogerio 
Bairrada flower
 Forest Piglets 
Fire On Floor 
Hilarious
 Licinius 
Lourenços 
Manuel Júlio
Goal of Piglets 
Nelson of Piglets 
The Castiço 
The Cesteiro 
Escondidinho 
The piglet 
The saddles 
The Typical Bairrada 
Vitor 
Oasis 
Octavio of Piglets 
The Park 
Courtyard of Casqueira 
Rock Salt 
Peter of Piglets 
Pic Nic 
Pizzeria "La Toscana" 
Quinta dos Três Pinheiros 
Regional 
King of Piglets
STOP
 Balcony Lake 
North Ze 
Snack Bars 
Traditional cellar 
Dunes Bar 
Errejota 
Isabelita 
Kate-Kero 
Farmer 
Half Toast 
The Corner
 The Snail 
The Lantern 
MarinoTino 
The Vaz 
Tás Ca Larica 
Tony

Where To Stay 
Grande Hotel do Luso 
Hotel Alegre 
Hotel Central 
Hotel Eden 
Inatel Luso 
Buçaco Palace Hotel 
Toll Bairrada Center 
Quinta dos Três Pinheiros 
Hostel for pilgrims 
Hostal Imperial 
Pension Castilla 
Residential Choupal 
Residential Hilary 
Residential Oasis 
Residential Regional 
Houses of Bussaco in the National Forest of Bussaco
 Thursday Lograssol 
Quinta do Carvalhinho
Solar Vacariça 
Villa Aurora 
Vila Duparchy 
Camping Luso Park