Custom Search

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Visit the Evangelical Church of Aveiro - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

Monday, March 3, 2014

Visit Carmo Church - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

The Carmo Church, located in the Parish of Vera Cruz (Aveiro) and dated 1628, is what remains of the seventeenth-century Carmelite convent, built in 1613. In the seventeenth century altarpieces were placed in gilded wood, in the eighteenth century the chapel and the front wall and were built in the nineteenth century, proceeded to the destruction of the convent areas and building an altar on one side of the transept. The church contains beautiful sculptures and paintings depicting scenes from the Passion of Christ.

Visit the Chapel of St. Gonçalinho - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

The Chapel of St. Gonçalinho, located in the Parish of Vera Cruz (Aveiro) was built between 1712 and 1714, it is a centralized plant hexagonal chapel, where we highlight the altarpieces and sculptures from the early eighteenth century. The noble home of the chapel shows the date 1717.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Visit Fontanário Lord of the Baroque - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

Visit the Statue of João Afonso de Aveiro - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

The Statue of João Afonso de Aveiro, located in the Parish of Vera Cruz, is a work in bronze which stands on a pedestal of quadrangular section coated limestone. Of his left hand hangs a astrolábio.O monument was deployed in Rossio, one of the main points of local sociability, justifying it as a contribution to the planned landscaping of this space in 1959.
João Afonso de Aveiro, participated in the expedition to the coast of Mine (1481) and the discovery of the River Zaire and Congo Kingdom with Diogo Cao's he also associates the discovery of Benin (1486), for a time known as Lands João Afonso or Lands of Afonso de Aveiro.

Visit the station Railways of Aveiro - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

The railway station of Aveiro, located in the town of Vera Cruz (Aveiro), has a façade completely decorated polychrome tiles in blue and yellow tones, representing several railway, natural and traditional activities and culture scenes. The building consists of three sections, a central part, three floors, that includes three large doors at ground level and two symmetrical sides, with two floors, having a gate and two shutters of rectangular section. This station is assumed as a good example, at regional level, the style called Casa Portuguesa.
The works via the station began, respectively, in August 1861 and in early 1862, having taken place on the opening day April 10, 1864

Monday, January 27, 2014

Visit the Fountain of Largo da Praça do Peixe - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

The fountain at the main square of the Fish Square, located in the Parish of Vera Cruz (Aveiro), and was built in 1876.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Visit the Home of Major Individual (New Museum Art) - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

The House of the Major Individual, located in Parish of Vera Cruz (Aveiro), was erected on the initiative of Mario Belmonte Person in 1907 with project architects Francisco Augusto da Silva Rocha and Ernesto Korrodi. Classified as a Public Interest lies and in 2008 was converted to the New Art Museum.

Visit the Chapel of the Lord of the Baroque - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

The Lord of the Baroque Chapel, located in the town of Vera Cruz, began construction in 1722. It consists of two parts: the nature, and the octagonal chapel, rectangular. On the outside are observed three portals of great ornamental apparatus of which the principal, boasts a sumptuous shot in their decorative gables decorated with foliage and garlands of stone. Inside, each face of nature forms an arched and are also stone arches that support the dome, which closes with a carved wooden finial. Complete the decoration of altarpieces two good woodwork, framing paintings of Peter of Alexandria and two beautiful pulpits under canopies. The porch is a baroque composition.

Visit the Chapel of Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

Visit the Canal Botirão - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

The Canal Botirão, located in Parish of Vera Cruz, is one of the Ria de Aveiro channels.

Visit the Canal de São Roque - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

The Canal de Sao Roque, located in the Parish of Vera Cruz, is a channel of Ria de Aveiro along which you can enjoy yourself a green setting near a flagship site of the city of Aveiro.

Visit Wharf Botirões - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

Visit Panel Tiles Guardian Angel - Vera Cruz (Aveiro)

Visit the Natural Reserve of São Jacinto Dunes ( Aveiro )

The Natural Reserve of São Jacinto Dunes , located in the parish of San Jacinto ( Aveiro ) is a coastal stretch of beaches , groves and ponds , located north of Aveiro bar. Therefore, access is made , or by boat from Aveiro / lighthouse, or car , which implies a deviation of three dozen kilometers through Estarreja and beach Vagueira .The Reserve consists of three areas: the Integral Nature Reserve , which includes the area of stabilized dunes and nesting site of thanks ; Partial Nature Reserve, which includes all forest land except for the Recreation Reserve, which is considered the area beach and forest. The level of fauna include the great tit , the coal tit , the tit Tit , Gull - air gêntea , the winch , the scaup duck and Navy , among others . Flora predominate poplars , willows , rushes , lichens , and chargeback maritime pine setting lands of this reservation. In pateira of San Jacinto we can see several examples of wintering waterfowl such as mallards , herons beyond as the egret

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Visit the Beach of San Jacinto (Aveiro)

The Beach of San Jacinto, located in the parish of the same name, is part of the Natural Reserve of São Jacinto Dunes area. This beach has the distinction of being bounded on one side by the Atlantic Ocean and on the other by the Ria de Aveiro, the seaward side is used by surfers and bodyboarders, being part of the laughing enjoyed by families with small children and practitioners candle.

Visit the Lagoon Nature Reserve of São Jacinto Dunes (Aveiro)

Monday, January 6, 2014

Visit the Church of Our Lady of the Sands - San Jacinto

The Church of Our Lady of the Sands, located in the parish of San Jacinto, presents an unusual format and was built in the late sixteenth century.

Visit the Chapel of the Air Base of San Jacinto

Visit Pier San Jacinto

Visit the Air Base of San Jacinto

Air Base San Jacinto, located in the parish of San Jacinto between the Atlantic Ocean and the Ria de Aveiro is a territorial unit of the Portuguese Army
Currently this facility serves barracks and field instruction to Army paratroopers.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Visit the old airplane FAP - San Jacinto

Visit the Church of Vilar - São Bernardo (Aveiro)

Visit the Church of St. Joan (Aveiro)

Visit the Chapel of Sao Romao - Saint Joan (Aveiro)

Visit the Chapel of St. Gerard - St Joan (Aveiro)

Visit the Chapel of Our Lady of Mercy and St. Blaise - St Joan ( Aveiro )

The chapel of San Blas , located in the parish of St Joan ( Aveiro ) , also known as Chapel of Our Lady of Mercy and St. Blaise , is dated to the middle or end of the seventeenth century, according inaccurate and sparse references . Underwent extensive renovations in the 60 , XX century, which included the construction of the second bell tower , which stands on the left.Split inside with tiles in shades of blue, these are glimpsed only outwardly , the main façade . The side and rear walls are white-washed . The yellow-brown color delineates each outer edge of the building , giving relief to the straight line shape , and the geometric contours of the windows and exterior doors . At the top , one of the two bell towers that rise on either side of the main entrance , the bells are ready to spread the festive sound community .Inside the chapel, an arc mimicking an angular warhead Romanesque -Gothic separates the chancel of the meeting. Whoever enters through the front door , your eyes immediately fall on a crucifix which occupies the central part of the wall , accompanied by an image of the Sacred Heart of Mary .The stone altar, formed in rectangular complements this sacred space .In the main body of the temple , two side niches hosting the pictures São Brás and Our Lady of Mercy , the two saints who , on different dates , the first on the 3rd of February or the first Sunday of the month , and the second about two weeks after Easter, to call themselves devotees .

Friday, January 3, 2014

Visit the Agueda River - Requeixo

Visit Bridge Requeixo

The Bridge Requeixo, situated in the Parish Requeixo at the meeting point of the Agueda River and Rio Cértima, was built in the nineteenth century.

Visit Taipa Bridge - Requeixo

Taipa Bridge, located in the Town of Requeixo, is an iron structure, through which the train connecting Agueda.

Visit Pateira - Requeixo

The Pateira is a natural lake , the largest in the Iberian Peninsula , located in the triangle Agueda , Aveiro - Requeixo Parish of Oliveira do Bairro , before the confluence of the river with Cértima the river Agueda .This pond has high ecological wealth and incorporates Special Protection Area of the Ria de Aveiro , included in the Natura 2000 Network .It's great faunal biodiversity Pateira . Species as can be observed: Purple Heron , the Black Kite , the marsh harrier , the eagle -winged - round , the Kingfisher, the Stilt , the duck - mad , the Coot , among other species of herons , fox passerines , etc. . The term " Pateira " results from the abundance of ducks . Thus , the diversity of habitats allows the support of these communities , and other groups such as fish ( Boga , Bardo do Norte , Boga - Portuguese , Ruivaco , Bordallo , Eel , Pardelha , Largemouth Bass , Pike , Carp , Mullet , Soon , Pimpões ) , the Reptiles , amphibians , molluscs (mussels - the - river ) , crustaceans ( lobster - red) .Regarding the floristic biodiversity, wetland , which includes free water and flooded the banks and vegetation lines dominate habitats with stands of Reed, along with Tabúa and bulrush . Communities still occur : the Yerba pinheirinha the lilies or even Hyacinth water. In some marginal areas along the Pateira , there are several tree and shrub species such as willows , poplars , alders , Buckthorn , ash , hawthorn , Sabugue , Borrazeiras punctually oaks , laurels , Elms , etc. . Group of herbaceous and sub - shrub refers only to the presence of yellow- lily - of - marshes , the cress , the Embude , Yerba peach tree and mint - in - water.

Visit the Church of St. Palo - Requeixo

The Church of Mother of Requeixo dedicated to St. Palo, Patron of Parish of Requeixo, is dated to the first half of the eighteenth century

Visit the Cruise of Church of St. Palo - Requeixo

The Cruise of the Church of Sao Palo, located in the Parish of Requeixo is uncharacteristic of beauty in the region. This cruise, dating from the seventeenth century, presents a pieta one side and the other a crucified Christ.

Visit the Chapel of Santo Amaro - Requeixo

The Chapel of Santo Amaro, located in the Parish of Requeixo, dates back to the seventeenth century, and is a chapel that still regularly hosts liturgical services.