Custom Search

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Visit the Cruise Pero Viseu

Visit the Chapel of the Holy Spirit - Pero Viseu

The Chapel of the Holy Spirit, located in the parish of Pero Viseu, have been built between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
The Chapel has a longitudinal plan consists of nave, chancel narrow and low. Packages available in horizontal articulated, with coverage of two different waters. Elevations plastered and painted white. Main facade facing west with a prominent basement that is accessed by stairs. In the center, has pointed arched portal and imposed protruding door with two leaves, flanked by two wickets with railings frame. On the left side of the main door, there is a pulpit supported on a granite column granite and wrought iron guard. Corners surmounted by pinnacles and shot with the gabled cross on plinth. South facade with a crack in the volume of the chancel. Shot in front of the eaves. East and north facades are blind with finial and gable overhang, respectively.

Visit the Church of St. Stephen - Povoa de Atalaia

The Church of St Stephen's, located in the Town of Povoa de Atalaia have been built in the XVII century and is regarded as a national monument, thanks to its gilded Baroque altar with various decorative motifs: grape vine leaves, acanthus leaves, angels, boys and birds.

Visit the Solar dos Caldeira e Bourbon - Orca

Solar dos Caldeira e Bourbon is a manor house are lost in time, located in the Town of Orca, and has suffered expansion works in 1867.
Solar currently operates as a Rural Tourism.

Visit the Monument to Our Lady of Fatima - Orca

Visit the Church of San Francisco - Orca

Visit the Church of Zebras - Orca

The Church of Zebras, a village in the parish of Orca, built in stone on your left has a belfry with a bell.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Visit the Fountain of Orca

Visit the Church of the Forest Queen

The Church of the Forest Queen, built in 1891, has in its interior paintings of the 12 Apostles.

Visit the Roman Fountain - Forest Queen

Visit the Forest Queen's Belfry

The Belfry of the Forest Queen consists of two towers, each with its bell. This is a building made of stone.

Visit the Walk of Queen - Queen of the Forest

Visit the Church of Janeiro de Cima

Visit the village of Shale January Up

The village of Shale January Cima, located in the middle of Gardunha, very close to Zêzere, offers traditional architecture building on plates of shale and gravel Zêzere. The beauty of the house leads to a fascinating landscape that deserves a visit.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Visit the Pelourinho Fundão

Pelourinho Fundão is located in front of City Hall of Fundão.

Visit the Church of Fundão

The Church was built in Fundão eighteenth century on an ancient Roman temple. The Church is influential Mannerist and Baroque, has two bell towers addorsed the main facade and its interior is notable for the high altar in gilt and font.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Visit the Chapel of San Francisco - Fundão

The Chapel of St. Francisco, located in the Town of Fundão, was built in 1574, having been built in stone. This chapel has a porch supported by six columns, a portal with round-arch, a small bell tower and, inside, gilded altarpieces. Ahead lies a cruise.

Visit the Chapel of St. Michael and the Chapel of Mercy - Fundão

The Chapel of St. Michael, located in the Town of gulf, has a stone facade in the seen and the main portal with simple triangular pediment, surmounted by a small gap. On his side is the Chapel of Mercy.

Visit the Church of Fatel

Visit Source People - Fatel

Visit the Chapel of St. Sebastian - Fatel

Visit Source Little Village - Fatel

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Visit the Ribeira de Swarms

Visit the Church of Our Lady of boredom - Swarms

Visit the Church of Nossa Senhora do Bom Parto - Swarms

Visit the Cruise Swarms

Visit the Old Castro da Covilhã - Swarms

The Castro da Covilhã Velha, located in the hills of Cottages or the swarms of little crosses in the parish, has this curious name because it is relatively distant from the present town of Covilhã
It lies about 695 m in altitude between pine trees and rocks and hence can be seen in the distance to the historic village of Monsanto
The enclosure was surrounded by double walls and irregular oval of track which there are still some walls of stone masonry and irregular or several heaps of stones. Within the walls there are no buildings defined.
This fort has been the city of Lusitanian Cingínia (ie by hanofonia with place names or Cruzinha Cottages) which was mentioned by Valerius Maximus and will have been destroyed somewhere between 138 or 136 BC by the Roman troops commanded by Decimus Junius Brutus and the time of Julius Caesar. In the Middle Ages, the fort has been fortified and repopulated being exploited existing buildings.

Visit the Church of Santa Maria - Ladies

The Church of Santa Maria, located in the Town of Donas, was built in the eighteenth century.
Elevations has plastered and painted white, framed in basement corners apilastrados quite prominent cornice and exposed granite, which presents front gable form a triangular pediment.
The portal of the church, arched, is surmounted by elegant curved pediment interrupted, slightly above which, in the tympanum of the gable, opens a door quadrilobado. The flank of the right side is torn by a door with arched pediment similar to the main entrance, and two arched windows. Vertical lines in the corners of the pyramidal pinnacles rise up with the ball. To the left of the temple body, slightly distant, rises the bell tower, of three separate records by prominent cornices, and the less open a door and an arched door quadrilobado the middle of a very low height and blind, and more torn on all four sides, by ventanas of bells. The crowning is done by pinnacles at the corners and pyramidal spire scaled the center.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Visit the Fountain grass - Ladies

The Source of Grassland, located in the Town Park Luís Travassos de Donas, was built in 1898 and is one of the most famous fountains in the region because it has the particularity of the source water is cool in summer and warm in winter.

Visit the Casa do Paço - Ladies

The House of the Palace, located in the Town of Ladies, is a copy of the Manueline.
Was classified as a Public Interest

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Visit the Pelourinho de Castelo Novo

The Pillory of New Castle is located in front of the building of the old Town Hall.
Pelourinho introduced Manueline.

Visit the Church of Our Lady of Grace - New Castle

The Church of Our Lady of Grace, is a matrix of New Castle. Although its construction dates back to the medieval period, was completely remodeled in the eighteenth century and has within it elements of Baroque style.

Visit the Cruise of the New Castle

Visit the Fountain spout - New Castle

The Fountain spout, located in Town of New Castle, is baroque monument, with the coat of arms of D. John V, with a staircase in front of access and a public park surrounded by granite benches.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Visit Castle New Castle

Castle New Castle, located in the Town of New Castle, have belonged to the Order of Templars, and also considered responsible for its construction, even in the twelfth century in the reign of King Sancho I. The defenses of the castle have been ordered to reinforce the end of the fourteenth century by D. Dinis and later received extensive rehabilitation in the reign of King Manuel I, by the year 1510.
With the earthquake of 1755, the castle was no longer in good condition, was greatly damaged, but only during the twentieth century has received articles of consolidation and restoration.
The castle is an example of military architecture of the Gothic style and Manueline.

Visit Cabeço Rooster - New Castle

The Head of the Rooster is a granite rock formation and is situated on top of the Old Castle in the Gardunha mountain and belongs to the Town of New Castle.

Visit Dam New Castle

Visit Typical Village of New Castle

The Village of New Castle, seat of the Town, owned by the Municipality of Fundão is a typical village of Portugal.
The archaeological remains suggest a known human habitation probably since the Chalcolithic, is projecting a growth of testimonials that relate to the ages of bronze and iron and are accentuated with the Roman settlement. The toponym New Castle, replacing the previous one, is cited for the first time in the year 1208, in which "the land they call New Castle" is donated to the Templars.
Believed to have been an old castle (there or on the website of the same name at the top of the peak Gardunha), and between 1205 and 1208 if it was built a new one. The current castle has been sent to recover by D. Manuel I.
New Castle County that has been, was composed by the parishes of Lardosa, New Castle, Orca, Póvoa da Atalaia, Sunny and Zebras.

Visit the Mill Bridge - Castelejo

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Visit the Site of Santinha - Capinha

The "Site of the little saint" is located in Serra da Santinha in the cape Town. Takes its name from there if you find an image of Our Lady of Conception as a symbol of protection of the Parish.
The Serra da Santinha is covered with oaks, acacias, cedars and eucalyptus. To the east has a eucalyptus, some olive trees and a clearing of stubble. To the south, one sees the colorful land fallow and stubble here and there tinted with olive, chestnut and oak.
The image that already exists at that location for over 100 years.

Visit the Palace of Golden Valley - Capinha

The Palace of Golden Valley, located in the Town of Capinha, has acquired its name from the golden hues of the leaves in Autumn.
This palace was formerly known as Solar dos Condes Penha Garcia.
Unfortunately, this property is abandoned and in a state of degradation.

Visit the Church of St. Sebastian - Capinha

The Church of St. Sebastian, located in the Town of Capinha, was erected in the second half of the sixteenth century.
The current temple was built in 1628, making faith in date entered at the top of the left column that supports the arch separating the chancel of the church body.
Is composed of five altars, three of them and gilded.

Visit the Power Up - Capinha

A Power Up, located in the Town cape, built in 1722, the reign of King John V. is an architectural replica of the source below.
It's powered by a mine and surmounted by the arms D. John V.