The Convent of Christ, historical monument in the city of Tomar, located in the parish of St. John the Baptist, classified by UNESCO as World Heritage, belonged to the Knights Templar. It was founded in 1160 by the Grand Master of the Templars, gift Gualdim Parents, the Convent of Christ still has memories of these monks and knights of the heirs of his office, the Order of Christ, which made this building their headquarters. It is a suburban construction, implemented on top of a hill overlooking the plain where the city extends. It is surrounded by the walls of the Castle of Tomar and the forest fence. Today is a cultural, tourist and even devotional. The architecture shares traits Romanic, Gothic, Manueline, Renaissance, Mannerist and Baroque.