Custom Search

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Visit Oliveira de Frades

Oliveira de Friars is a village in the district of Viseu with about 2400 inhabitants.
It is the seat of a municipality with 147.45 km ² and 10,585 inhabitants, divided into 12 parishes (Ark of Arcozelo Maya Destriz, the Friars Oliveira Pinheiro, Reigoso, Ribeiradio, John Serra, St. Vincent de Lafões Be, Souto de Lafões Varziela). It is one of the few municipalities in Portugal territorially discontinuous, consisting of two portions, a main, larger, where the village is located, and a smaller one, a few kilometers to the southeast. The mainland is limited to the northeastern city of Sao Pedro do Sul, southeast by Vouzela, on the southwest by Agatha, on the west by Sever do Vouga and northwest by Vale de Cambra. The secondary area is bordered to the north and northeast by Vouzela, south and southwest and west by a Tondela Agueda.
County created in 1836 by the dismemberment of the county councils of the current Lafões Oliveira Friars of St. Peter and South Vouzela.

Small Historical Summary

Oliveira is a land of ancient friars. Attested to the Letter of Confirmation Couto and Couto Donation of Village Ulveira, the friars of Santa Cruz de Coimbra, 1169, granted by King Afonso Henriques.
These desires for autonomy, as embodied in that part Couto gave rise to a long process of gestation city, culminating in the final restoration of the municipality of Oliveira de Friars, by decree of King Maria II of 7 October 1837.
Proliferate throughout the county remains a distant past, manifestations of a rich and diverse heritage.
The megalithic the county has a great expression. Classified as a National Monument, are of special importance: the Ark and the Dolmen Dolmen of ANTEL. The latter, which bears the paintings on the surface of its mainstays, red and black, with more than 5000 years, is considered a priceless jewel of European cave painting.
Age of Metals, abundant remains of forts and defensive fortifications, such as the Walled Lowland.
Contemporary Celtic at the time, we can find rock engravings and carvings. Signals are recorded on granite slabs, which stand out from the Stone Painted Horseshoes, that local people have interpreted as the "feet of all animals that were in another time" (slab where the "Moors brought the gold in the sun") , the Stone of Corners, where, according to the people, are represented in windmills and farm implements such as shovels, hoes and scythes, and the Trail of the Moors, where you can observe human footprints and a few dimples or pits, which according to popular belief are traces left by the "iron ass" of the Moors.
This time, we also find, rock-hewn burial cave excavated in the rock.
Rome also left in the county, its presença.Destacam brands are the best preserved stretches of Roman road, which formed the route of the road that connected the Aveiro Viseu, and milestones (outlined in the Municipal Museum) which rose over this pathway.
In the Roman road, the road also known as "old" or "fish" for centuries crossed mule drivers, who provided fish for the people of the mountains and pilgrims en route to Santiago de Compostela, which were in Albergaria Reigoso of the host a meal, the warmth of the fire, the coolness of the water and the comfort of a bed.
Excellent engineering works can be found along the route of two other structuring of the county highways: National Road 16, the successor to the Royal Route, with its sinuous, zigzag constant, and Line-of-train Vale do Vouga , which was decommissioned in the 80s of the twentieth century.

The gastronomy offers the visitor a good dose of pampering and pleasure, able to please the most discerning palate: the Lafões veal, rice stew, the fireworks and sausages, roasted lamb, chicken and roast in the oven assorted desserts.
The Friars of cheesecake de Oliveira, made on the basis of egg yolks and sugar are the specialty.

What to visit
In County:
Rio Vouga
Sierra Caramulo

In the Parish of Ark:
Anta's Ark
Parish Church of the Ark Pa

In the Parish of Arcozelo Maya:
Albufeira Vess Willow
Chapel of St. Anthony
Chapel Fornelo
New Chapel
Old Chapel
Cascade Gaia
Cascade Quebrada Pena
Bridge Gaia
Ribeira da Gaia
Serra do
In the Parish of Destriz:LinkChapel of Our Lady of Conception
Chapel of Our Lady of Nazareth
Cruise Our ​​Lady of Fatima
Rio Alfusqueiro

In the Town of Friars de Oliveira:
Ancient Church
New Church
Garden Denis Vieira
Water Mill

In the Town of Pine:
Railway Bridge Nespereira Vouga
Dam Pear
Church of Pine Lafões

In the Parish of Reigoso:
Chapel of St. Anthony
Parish Church

In Town Ribeiradio:
Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows
Cruise Alagoa
Fountain of Our Lady of Sorrows
Fountain of Souto Maior
St. Michael's Church
Viewpoint of Our Lady of Sorrows

In the Parish of St. John of the Sierra:
Cascade Blue Well
Cascade River Teixeira
Praia Fluvial do Vau
Rio Tan

In the Parish of St. Vincent de Lafões:

Be in the Parish of:
Luis Ponte Flag
Bridge over the Rio Vouga
Traces of the Moorish

In the Parish of Souto de Lafões:
Chapel of Santa Barbara

In the Parish of Varziela:
Typical Village hutch
Chapel hutch
Chapel Monteteso
Little Chapel of hutch
Picnic Park of Monteteso
Bell Tower

Where to Stay:
Albergaria "Ulveira"
Residential "Flag"
Residencial "Luciana"
Residential "Pelican"
T. Rural "Village House"
T. Rural "House of the Holy Aido"
T. Rural "Thursday Sousa e Melo"
Cottage "The Corner Sierra"
Thursday of Delights - Santiaguinho

No comments:

Post a Comment