The Church of Vila Cova de Alva have been built in the early eighteenth century, as evidenced by an inscription on its facade with the date 1712.
The portal of this church is going and is accompanied by rectangular pilasters with top finial-shaped niche. It has four windows with pedimented gable and the line has to be cut by the pedestal of the cross. It has a Chancel and two other chapels cut into the body. Their altars are from the first half of the eighteenth century, the national style. Its patron saint Our Lady of the Nativity.
The reconstruction, which occurred in 1952, led to changes in the church tower, stripping it of the balcony which stood at the top, in harmony with the architectural ensemble consisting of the churchyard, and building the spire which we see today.