The Paço Arquiepiscopal, located in the parish of São João do Souto (Braga), is the palace of the Archbishops of Braga and over the centuries, with the addition of new buildings has resulted in an extraordinary multi-architectural urban complex.
The Medieval Paço de Braga is the oldest building in the complex and faces the Jardim de Santa Bárbara. It is from the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries. It constitutes a sober building with the appearance of a fortification, which stands by the solidity of the regular apparatus of granite blocks, spans of ogival arch windows, surmounted by battlements.
The building includes the facades facing Largo do Paço where the rectory of the University of Minho, including the Noble Hall, is located.
The building facing the town square was erected in the early 18th century, this building was consumed by a fire on April 16, 1866, and was rebuilt during the 1930s.